Thursday 12 June 2014

Engaging students online

Ok, I'm ready to do this ...  yikes!!!! 

Not sure where to start so I will try for the emotional slant first... So far, I have had a mixture of feelings ranging from excitement to trepidation through to being overwhelmed. Fortunately, neither of the latter two feelings have lasted long and I am back on track... 

My thoughts so far: I started this e-learning process to understand how to engage the younger generation better in classes. I loved the 'Dale Pobega's Free ESL Club' blog. His blog made me realise the eclectic range of resources one can integrate into a blog: online magazines, picture, videos, Facebook pages (and others), files and so on.

Just wondering though: 
1. can we use blogger in our courses through Moodle or what is the best way to get students to get to our blog?
2. Does anyone use social media in their lectures/workshops? If so, how, for what and how has the response been? What about access issues?

I guess I would love to start doing some social media stuff with students but how willing are they to engage and in what type of activities?

Love to hear your comments ...
Hoda

No comments:

Post a Comment